Functions of the Manipur Public Service Commission
(State Public Service Commission)
Article 320 of the Constitution of India lays down the functions of the State Public Service Commission. The functions of the State Public Service Commission are :
- It is the duty of the State Public Service Commission to conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the state.
- The State Public Service Commission will be consulted by the State Government on the following issues.
- on all matters relating to methods of recruitment to civil services and civil posts;
- on the principles to be followed while making appointments, promotions and transfers to civil services and posts;
- on all disciplinary matters of a person serving the Government of a state in a civil capacity, including memorials or petitions relating to such matters;
- on any claim by a person, who is serving or has served the Government in a civil capacity that any cost, incurred by him in defending legal proceedings instituted against him in respect of acts done or purporting to have been done in the execution of his duty, shall be paid out of the consolidated fund of the state;
- on any claim for the award of a pension in respect of injuries sustained by a person while serving under the Government in a civil capacity and any question as to the amount of any such award.
The State Public Service Commission functions as an advisory body. It is the duty of the State Public Service Commission to advise on any matter, referred to it by the Government.